The celebration is praised in the night as ratri alludes to night and the celebration’s name means the colossal night of ruler Shiva. His fans quick since morning and after that offer petitions throughout the night and subsequent to scrubbing down the following morning break their quick by eating something. This quick can be very strict and intense in view of its long span. All things being equal, the festivals are on going full bore and individuals are loaded with vitality and you won’t feel that they haven’t eaten throughout the day
1. Shiva wedded Parvati on this day.
2. Maha Shivratri falls on the fourteenth day of the Hindu Phalgun month or Phalgun Krishna Paksh Chaturdasi
3. Maha Shivratri praises the union of Shiva and Shakti, the two biggest powers of the Universe.
4. It is trusted that Maha Shivratri is the most loved night of Lord Shiva
5. On this night Shiva played out the Tandava move, the irate move of all creation and annihilation in the Universe.
6. It is a unique night for unmarried ladies, who need a spouse like Lord Shiva as he is the perfect friend.
7. Lovers can get freedom from their wrongdoings in the event that they take the name of Lord Shiva amid this favorable night.
8. Given love of Lord Shiva on this night additionally helps one make progress and thriving, and heads out shrewdness spirits.
9. Nishita Kala or the time when Lord Shiva showed as Shiva Lingam on earth is the most imperative time for Shiva puja.
10. Fans remain up throughout the night to offer organization to Lord Shiva, who shouldn’t rest subsequent to drinking the sea harm after Samudra Manthan.
11. A huge number of individuals visit the 12 Jyotirlinga Shiva sanctuaries or their nearby sanctuaries to offer petitions and witness the Rudra Abhisekham of Lord Shiva on this night.
12. Maha Shivratri is commended in various nations over the globe and not simply in India.
13. There are clear directions in the Shiv Purana about the fixings to be utilized for adoring the Lingam on Maha Shivratri, and their particular advantages.
14. Maha Sivaratri is critical for picking up control over the Rajas Guna (abundance energy) and Tamas Guna (numbness) by watching Vrat.
15. The Shiva Panchakshari Mantra, Om Namah Shivaya is droned by lovers alongside his diverse names.